How to register as a patient

Updated on 19th July 2019 at 10:52 am


We are currently accepting new patient registrations for patients who live within the practice boundary. The areas that the practice usually cover include: Whitley Bay, Cullercoats, Tynemouth, North Shields and Shiremoor. Please check with reception if you are unsure whether you live within the practice boundary.

In order to register, you will need to come to the surgery with the following documentation:

  • Photographic I.D. (i.e. Driving Licence/Passport)
  • Your NHS number (available from your old surgery)
  • Proof of address (2 forms of documentation dated within the last 3 months,  For example utility bill )

If you do wish to register with the Practice, please complete the documentation below in its entirety and bring it with you when you come into the Practice to register.  NB Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are accepting registrations via email to

Please note incorrect or incomplete documentation may result in your registration being delayed, please check all of your documentation prior to registration.  If you are experiencing problems with any of the documentation, please let one of administration team know and they will be happy to assist you.

Registration Documentation to be completed fully

Welcome to Marine Avenue Medical Centre Oct 2019

GMS1 (5)

Adult new patient form May 2020

Child under 16yrs new patient form Feb 2020

Application for Basic Online access

PatientOnline Proxy Consent Form

MAMC Registration Contract

Summary Care Record Opt-Out form & leaflet -Print Long Edge

Consent to email



Usually your previous medical records will be forwarded electronically from your previous GP surgery, however this facility is not available at a few surgeries and if that is the case it may take some time before your medical notes reach us and therefore it can take a few weeks before your registration is fully processed. During this time we will be unable to make an appointment for you or process any medication requests.

If you need medical assistance during this time we would advise contacting your previous GP surgery until you are fully registered with us. If you no longer have a GP practice, you can contact NHS 111 or visit your local walk in centre. For anything urgent you can call 999 or go straight to A&E.

If you have any queries regarding the registration process, please do not hesitate to contact us.